Just because its winter doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the wonderful coastal lifestyle Yanchep has to offer! So, when Mother Nature turns it on, make sure you get your camera (or phone) out and capture the mesmerising winter skies, sharing it on social media for the world to enjoy! #yanchep #yanchepbeach #yanchepisok
Alternatively, you could simply bring your favourite book and grab a coffee (or a cheeky wine) at some of Yanchep’s best kept secrets:
- Yanchep beach Lagoon Café
- Lindsay Beach Café
- Mayur Indian Restaurant
- Locals Surf Shed
- Yanchep Inn
- Full Flava Café
- Zoe’s Homestyle Kitchen
- Chocolate Drops & Tearooms
If you’d like to get more active, check out Yanchep National Park, there is so much to do here!
- See some native Australian animals when you stroll along the Koala boardwalk! Can you spot these little bears in their natural environment? You might even learn a thing or two about them! You might also be lucky enough to see some Kangaroos! Yanchep National Park is also home to an abundance of Western Grey Kangaroo’s
- Explore some of the caves – Crystal Cave, Adventure Caving, and Cabaret Cave all offer differing experiences.
- Take advantage of those sunny winter days and enjoy a family picnic. There are so many picnic areas and free BBQ’s near the lake and in the tuart and banksia woodlands.
- Explore one of the nine walking trails. They all range in length, scenery, and difficulty to suit everyone’s range of fitness and interests.
If you find yourself feeling a little nostalgic, you should have a go at tracing your family roots at the Yanchep/Two Rocks Library each Wednesday at 2pm! You can learn how to use the family history databases and share your experience with others. The Yanchep/Two Rocks library is located on Lisford Avenue, Two Rocks.