Works have almost finished on the $7.35M Yanchep District Playing Fields project at Capricorn Beach! The project took a major step forward this week with the completion of turfing on the playing fields.
The milestone was welcomed by our very own Richard Cull, Sales Professional at Capricorn Beach Estate.
Mr Cull said that when fully completed, the new sporting fields would be a wonderful facility to be enjoyed by the local residents of Yanchep as well residents in neighbouring areas such as Two Rocks.
“The turfing of the playing fields will give the community a clearer impression of the scale and quality of this important infrastructure development at Yanchep.
“The major sporting facility includes two multi-use ovals catering for football, little athletics, rugby, soccer and cricket, as well as hard courts for netball and basketball.”
The fields are on track to be completed by August and will include:
- Cricket facilities on the eastern oval
- Little Athletics facilities on the western oval
- Both east and west ovals can accommodate rectangular and oval shaped sports and will have floodlights installed to Australian Sports Standards
- Two basketball courts and two netball court, all with floodlights
The buildings are due for completion in November and when finished, will include:
- Change rooms, toilets, first aid room, umpire room, and equipment storage
- Multi-purpose room with a movable wall to allow for flexible spaces, meeting rooms, etc.
- As the building is on same level as eastern oval, there will be tiered seating to the western oval. (The height difference approximately 1.5 meters)
- Ramps to the lower level for ease of access
More information about the project will be posted on our website and Facebook page in due course. In the meantime, drop into the sales office (Parkside St, Yanchep) for a coffee and a chat and find out the latest on everything happening in Capricorn Beach!