A city of Wanneroo spokesperson has confirmed that the Yanchep District Playing Fields and Clubrooms will be ready for action in January!
Turf was laid earlier this winter but needs a few months to settle before it can be used, which allows for time to complete the finishing touches to the clubrooms and other minor works.
The news was welcomed by our very own Richard Cull, Sales Professional at Capricorn Beach Estate.
Mr Cull said that when fully completed, the new sporting fields would be a wonderful facility to be enjoyed by the local residents of Yanchep as well residents in neighbouring areas such as Two Rocks.
“The turfing of the playing fields will give the community a clearer impression of the scale and quality of this important infrastructure development at Yanchep.
“The major sporting facility includes two multi-use ovals catering for football, little athletics, rugby, soccer and cricket, as well as hard courts for netball and basketball.”
The fields will include:
- Cricket facilities on the eastern oval
- Little Athletics facilities on the western oval
- Both east and west ovals can accommodate rectangular and oval shaped sports and will have floodlights installed to Australian Sports Standards
- Two basketball courts and two netball court, all with floodlights
The buildings are due for completion in November and when finished, will include:
- Change rooms, toilets, first aid room, umpire room, and equipment storage
- Multi-purpose room with a movable wall to allow for flexible spaces, meeting rooms, etc.
- As the building is on same level as eastern oval, there will be tiered seating to the western oval. (The height difference approximately 1.5 meters)
- Ramps to the lower level for ease of access
More information about the project will be posted in due course. In the meantime, drop into the sales office (Parkside St, Yanchep) for a coffee and a chat and find out the latest on everything happening in Capricorn Beach or call Richard on 08 6561 6018.